Is there a difference between the methods of weight loss for men and women? Certainly, there is a lot of difference between these. Although most articles on this blog apply to both men and women, there are some differences we will explain and address in this article. In this article, we will give some weight loss tips for men (but can also be used by women).
5 great weight loss tips for men
Weight loss tips for men #1: Think about body fat
An important feature for men to lose weight can already be seen in the percentage of body fat. For men, a body fat percentage between 14 and 17% is usually recommended, compared with 21 and 24% for women. That’s about 7% less body fat. This means that the body of a man must be more muscular than that of women, to stay healthy and vital. The weight loss for men, therefore, focuses more on weight training.
Weight loss tips for men #2: Focus on an area of the body
Where women mainly want to lose weight at the buttocks and hips, men want to lose their big belly. Many men will go to the swimming pool and feel ashamed about their big belly and feel unsure about it. On the beach, men are more likely wanted to be seen with a tight belly and a six-pack. Men are therefore needed to focus on exercises to lose their fat belly. It is not always easy, but with a lot of training, it is certainly not possible to achieve.
Weight loss tips for men #3: Do weight training
In the gym you will find many men who are doing weight training. Weight training has several features and benefits that make men lose weight easier:
- Weight training turns fat into muscle mass. Muscle mass has the ability to burn energy (and thus stored body fat) automatically, which, as it were, loses itself when you have any muscle mass.
- Weight training ensures that men’s muscles increase and fat around the belly disappears faster. By exchanging strength training with abdominal muscle exercises (which you can do at home), men work not only on fat loss but also on a six-pack.
- Finally, weight training often gives a good feeling. Men experience success if they have done weight training and are always aiming for heavier and more. In this way, weight training works naturally motivating and stimulates it to exercise even further.
Weight loss tips for men #3: Be focus
Men are often more persistent than women when we are talking about weight loss. When they are aiming for it in their head, they eat less and they will stop eating chocolates until they reach the weight they were aiming for. In this respect, we see that men manage to lose weight better than women. In fact, once men get and see a result, they will go push their limit and then shred the extra pounds faster than women.
Weight loss tips for men #4: You are what you eat
Many women have been successful in reading labels and counting calories over the past few years. They know better what is healthy food and can therefore make better choices in the supermarket and in a restaurant. You should be like this too! Count calories before you eat and make sure that you stick to your diet plan. Also, minimise your beer consumption. The fact that beer is a natural product does not mean that it is good for your weight loss plan!
Weight loss tips for men #5: Avoid saturated fats
Here’s a handy tip to make sure that the product you eat has good fats. Good fats are the unsaturated fats (Unsaturated fats are generally liquid) and the bad fats are saturated fats and trans fats. But do not forget that your body needs fats, so do not try to live without fat at all but consume the good fats more.
There are also 0% fat and light products available in the supermarket. You will get over weight if you eat too much calories, so think logically and choose for all those new products that claim to contain no fat or less calories. But, do not always believe this because many of those products have so many added sugars and often bad sugars. For example, take yoghurt, the yoghurt with the least calories is plain yogurt and not the light or 0% fat variant.
In this article, we have mentioned some weight loss tips for men you can follow. Take into account the following tips:
- Try to move a lot, also at work;
- Drink less alcoholic beverages like beer, because they are real thickeners;
- Start running because you burn fat faster
- Choose a training that suits you and quickly burn fat, such as weight training.